Friday 22 November 2013

Spencer Hook                                       The veggy effect
 
 
 
Style seems to be a very important aspect of our society, and I am all for a collared shirt and a pair of dress pants but when society starts telling me that eating meat is all of a sudden a fashion no no I get a bit disheartened. It is becoming fashionable to starve yourself, and force feed yourself food that you cant even pronounce and should win a game of scrabble just with its name. What happened to balancing your meals with foods from each food group? It is proven that that is what your body needs to be in its healthiest state. Vegetarians however are under the delusion that it is healthier to substitute the protein on their plates for a clump of grass they just pulled up from their "organic garden". If withholding necessary vitamins from your body is fashionable than I am proud to say I am almost as out of style as Lady Gaga. If this veggy revolution continues I believe we will have millions of martyrs on our hands who died at the clutches of a new illness called pork chop deprivation, and I don't think that's a very desirable outcome for these self proclaimed revolutionaries. People are actually more concerned with saving an animals life than their own and in my opinion that is absurd. Don't get me wrong I love animals and I would cringe at the sight of a baby cow being killed, but my gratitude goes out to that remorseless farmer who puts a steak on my plate. We eat meat, the animals reproduce, and the life cycle continues, that's just the way it goes however cruel it may seem to some people. I truly believe god didn't put animals on this planet just for scenery. So I think people need to get their head out of their grass, and start being practical.

No comments:

Post a Comment